Philadelphia: Lindsay & Blakiston, 1857. First Edition. Octavo (19cm). Publisher's cloth boards, decorated in gilt and blind; xxxi, -375pp; wood-engraved frontispiece. Withdrawn from the library of the Southern Chapter of the HIstorical Society of the United Church of Christ, with their ownership stamp. Earlier ownership label of J.D. Andrew, and later gift bookplate from Andrew's estate to the Historical Society. Scattered foxing, but a tight, fresh copy with occasional manuscript annotations, presumably in Andrew's hand. James D. Andrew was a long-time North Carolina Reformed minister and President of Catawba College from 1913-1918; he has annotated this copy with historical notes, including a substantial chronological list of "Ministers of N.C. Churches." HOWES H178.