[N.p. United States Army, 1943]. Well-preserved application for the Women's Army Corps, an auxiliary unit of the United States Army created on 15 May, 1942. Inner wrapper prints a letter to applicants from Oveta Culp Hobby, the WAC's first Director. The laid-in leaves consist of a letter of instruction for applicants, including a questionnaire to be presented at the time of enlistment. Scarce; OCLC notes 2 holdings (Harvard, UNC Greensboro). Bifolium (26.5cm); single sheet of white 16" x 10.5" stock, folded once to create a 4pp application; two additional mimeographed leaves folded and laid in. Lower margin of rear wrapper bears the neat rubber-stamp of "Maurice B. Rovner, Director. U.S.O. - Jewish Welfare Board. Gainesville, Texas"; hint of toning and some trivial wear to extremities, else Near Fine.