San Francisco & New York: 1937-1938. Professional archive of a "Probationary Member" of the ISUA from 1937 to 1938, comprised of nine printed pieces, nearly all accomplished in manuscript or rubberstamp. Some old folds to the two discharge certificates, minor wear from handling, else a Very Good or better collection. Contents as follows:
1. Probationary Member card for the ISUA, Atlantic District, Deck Department. Small cloth tape-backed bifolium (13.25cm.) of printed blue card stock, pink certificate for the Eastern & Gulf Sailors Association mounted inside upper panel accomplished in manuscript and rubberstamp on March 24, 1937. Describes Annese, born in 1910, as a stocky blue-eyed, dark-haired man.
2. Joint Maritime Strike Council Clearance Card printed on orange stock and accomplished in manuscript and rubberstamp.
3. Sailors' Union of the Pacific strike assessment card printed on white card stock and accomplished in manuscript and rubberstamp.
4. Meal Ticket issued by the Joint Picket Committee accomplished in manuscript and rubbestamps; includes 6 tiny hole-punches issued at times of use.
5. Sailors Union of the Pacific Picket Card printed on brown stock and accomplished in manuscript. Locates Annese as working on the Sheppard Line.
6. Rubberstamped card "S.U.P. Picket New York Branch."
7. Agreement Between the Sailors' Union of the Pacific and Steampship Companies in the Intercoastal and Offshore Trade and the Alaska Line. Dated: Feb. 4, 1937 [cover title]. 32mo (14cm.); blue printed staplebound wrappers; 21pp.
8. Two Bureau of Marine Inspection and Navigation Certificates of Discharge, both signed by Master of the Vessel, the "Eleanor Christenson," H. Warrer.