V.p. ca. 1940-1960. First Edition. 8 volumes, various sizes and formats. All Very Good to Fine.
1. Virgil C. Finnell. Truth About Tobacco. Scottdale, PA: Herald Press, n.d., ca. 1940s. 16mo (13.5cm.); original pictorial staplebound self-wrappers; 13pp. Near Fine. Chairman of the Prohibition National committee on the evils of smoking.
2. F.O. Hursh. Are You a Preacher and Do You Smoke? [Minneapolis: Osterhus Pub. House, n.d., ca. 1950.] Small 12mo (15.25cm.); bifolium printed on peach stock. About Fine. Not in OCLC as of July, 2015.
3. D.H. Kress & R.C. Carley. It Might Be Fun to Smoke If... [Minneapolis: Osterhus Pub. House, n.d., ca. 1950.] Small 12mo (15.25cm.); single sheet folded into 8-panelled pamphlet, upper panel illustrated. Fine. Text excerpted from Kress's The Cigarette as the Physician Sees It and Carley's Do You Know. Not in OCLC.
4. No-Tobacco Army. A Thought-Provoker. Pittsburg, PA: No-Tobacco Army, n.d., ca. 1940s. Oblong 12mo card broadsheet (8.5x14cm.), verso illustrated with a depiction of a normal brain cell juxtaposed with a "tobacco-crippled" brain cell. Not in OCLC.
5. M.E. Poland. Tobacco and Its Relation to Human Life. Pittsburgh: No-Tobacco Army, n.d., ca. 1940s. Octavo (22.5cm.); staplebound self-wrappers; 7pp.; illus. Wear from handling with a few small losses to extremities not affecting text, minor soiling. "This Tract Is Suitable for School Children in the Upper Grades, But It Is Instructive and Interesting for Adults." Not in OCLC.
6. F.W. Schwarz. Is Smoking a Sin? [Minneapolis: Osterhus Pub. House, n.d., ca. 1950s.] Small 12mo broadsheet (15cm.) printed on green stock. Signed in text at bottom of verso "F.W. Schwarz, Bloemfonkin, S. Africa." Condemnation against smoking in the form of 7 question-and-answers between the author and three smoker "Christian ladies" residing in the Provincial Hospital at Port Elizabeth. Not in OCLC.
7. O.H. Shenk. Going Up in Smoke! Lancaster, PA: "Ridgeway," n.d., ca. 1940s. 12mo broadside (17.5cm.) printed on peach stock. Uneven toning to extremities, else Fine. Anti-smoking poem. Not in OCLC.
8. Tobacco--A Parable. [Minneapolis: Osterhus Pub. House, n.d., ca. 1950s.] Small 12mo broadsheet (15.25cm.) printed on orange stock. Fine. Not in OCLC.